There are many ways to add extra bedrooms to your home, but one of the easiest is to convert your finished basement. We understand that you might be reluctant to do this. After all, who wants to think of losing all that usable space to a single bedroom? However, that space can be turned into a mini apartment for your teen, an adult child just getting started in the world or even your elderly parents.
Here are 5 reasons why you should convert your finished basement into a bedroom:
- Quiet: Teens can be noisy, so in order to gain some quiet, you may need to separate their room from yours. When you convert your finished basement into their room, you will not need to listen to them talk to their friends till all hours of the night or be disrupted by their extremely loud music. Of course, if this space is for your parents, we are sure that they will appreciate the quiet that they gain from being away from the rest of your family.
- Space: Teens and parents accumulate stuff over the years, and they need a place to put it all. This new bedroom in the basement can accommodate all these items without making the entire space seem cluttered.
- Room for Others: A bedroom in a finished basement can also act as a space where a teen can hang out with their friends. Comfortable seating, a large television, a video console, stereo, and even a small refrigerator can turn this spot into the favorite hangout spot amongst all the kids. If you are using this space for your parents, it would be perfect for when they want to entertain their friends as well.
- Privacy: Privacy is a big issue for everyone and no one ever seems to think that they have enough. A bedroom in the basement will ensure that people can do what they want without the worry of being interrupted every minute of the day.
- Perfect for the Future: While this room could be used for your teen now, it will serve as an amazing bedroom in the future as well. You never know when children will need to move back home, when your parents might need a place to stay, or when someone else needs a little help from dire circumstances.
Basement Remodeling in Newington
A bedroom in your finished basement will never end up being wasted space. Instead, it will be a space that can serve multiple uses as your needs and your family’s needs change over the years. We recommend taking advantage of that now so that you are ready for everything that life brings your way. Call us at 860-667-8105 if you’re in Newington or the surrounding areas and would like to discuss remodeling your finished basement.